The symptoms of lymphoma are very common in many other sicknesses, which is why you really have to be vigilant about your condition and consult a doctor whenever you feel like there is something wrong. It may actually take some time before you realize that you have this kind of sickness because during the first few days or weeks, you may not even feel that something has changed. If in doubt, do not hesitate and set an appointment with your doctor before you conclude anything and start looking for treatments.
These are the usual signs and symptoms of this kind of illness. Make sure that you don’t easily panic once you perceive that you have two or more of these, because as stated above, most of these are also common in other kinds of disorders.
1. Losing weight rapidly. This can happen after some months and you will be surprised to lose about 15 pounds in a couple of months without doing anything. You will easily notice such change if you already have a modest weight and you are not limiting your food intake neither you are exercising regularly. This will be harder to determine and conclude that it is already a symptom to a sickness if you are really trying to lose weight.
In many cases, the weight loss occurs after you have lost appetite. This stage transpires when the illness has already grown and start spreading in your body. When you are starting to lose more than 10% of your ideal weight, you should be very concerned as to what is causing such and make sure that before your weight drop even lower, you have already sought the doctor’s help.
2. The most common and usually the first symptoms that you will encounter if you have this are lumps in the groin area, armpits and neck. These enlarged lymph nodes are painless and you may never notice these if you will not inspect your body thoroughly. These enlarged nodes cause the other signs that are included in this list, but these nodes can also be present if you have other kinds of illnesses.
3. When the nodes start to swell, you will experience fever that may last for some time. For example, for people who got what is called Hodgkin type of this illness, they will suffer from a fever that is referred to as Pel-Ebstein.
4. The cells that are infected with the disease secrete special chemicals that cause itchiness that will affect your whole body.
5. Some people experience excessive sweating at night. They usually get up with their bodies drenched in sweat without any specific reasons. This happens even when they are in a very comfortable situation and they really can’t find any reason to sweat a lot.
There are other unusual symptoms that can be felt by people who are suffering from lymphoma, depending on where the sickness occurred. This can actually take place in any organ of the body and as the cancer cells grow bigger, the person who has this will feel weaker because the infected areas use more of the nutrients inside the body.